IMPORTANT UPDATE: COVID-19
In light of the rising number of positive COVID-19 cases in South Africa and that the infection is now no longer limited to overseas travelers, we at Jackpersad & Partners Inc. have implemented strict measures to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and ensure a clean and healthy environment in our departments.
- - Increasing the frequency and intensity of cleaning practices within the department, especially on high touch point areas
- - The cleaning of x-ray equipment with disinfectant after every patient
- - Enforcing strict access control to all our departments together with strict screening and hygiene protocol at entrances
- - The removal of all magazines from our patient waiting areas
- - Ensuring that all of our staff are trained on the importance of proper hygiene and hand washing procedures
- - Ensuring that all our staff are informed regarding effective social distancing methods to be used within the department
- - Intensifying staff and patient awareness of personal preventative measures to protect their health and your health.
During this time, it is vital that we are equipped with all the necessary information relating to the COVID-19 pandemic and what precautions to take. Information and awareness material are shared with our departments regularly to ensure both their safety and yours. This information is guided by the World Health Organisation (WHO), The National Department of Health (DOH) and the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD).
Additionally, we have:
- - Banned all international and local travel of our management and staff
- - Implemented self-isolation periods for returning travelers
- - Limited the amount of people attending meetings
- - Postponed events, training and similar gatherings of large groups of people until further notice
Should you wish to read more about COVID-19, please visit: The Department of Health - COVID-19 Corona Virus South African Resource Portal on https://sacoronavirus.co.za/ or the WHO website on https://www.who.int/
You can also contact the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) 24-hour hotline number for clinicians on 082 883 9920 or 066 562 4021. The COVID-19 toll free number for the public is 0800 029 999, available during their operating hours, Monday to Friday from 08:00 – 16:00.
As we look to overcome this uncertain period, it is important that we all apply discipline and adhere to the government’s guidance of social distancing, reduce non-essential travel and adopting strict hygiene practices. We will be monitoring the situation very closely and will contact you should the situation change at any point.
Yours in Healthcare, Jackpersad & Partners Inc.
Women today are leading more active and busier lifestyles, which leaves very little time for them to focus on their health. At Jackpersad and Partners Inc. we understand the necessity to ensure that the modern day woman is able to continue her active lifestyle and be able to maintain a healthy and fruitful life.